Join our ReTrans Community on Discord!
- Get in touch and stay in contact with other interpreters, students, teachers/trainers and scholars.
- Engage in interesting conversations on interpreting, training, shared experiences, discussing difficulties and more.
- Receive news about our ReTrans project activities.
Who can join? Everybody keen on staying in touch with other interpreters, students, teachers/trainers, and scholars about interpreting-related topics is welcome to join the ReTans Community.
How to join? By clicking on the join-button below, scanning the QR Code or via this link, you get access to our discord server. To join, you need a free Discord account. Discord can be used as an app or in the browser. Find out more. Once you join the ReTrans Discord server, you can select a role (interpreter, student, etc.), use different channels depending on your interests and can immediately start chatting away with other likeminded members of the ReTrans Community – have fun! Click on the button below to download step-by-step instructions on how to join the ReTrans Community.
Please note that the ReTrans Discord server is still under construction. We will continuously add new content. We appreciate your feedback and suggestions. Please feel free to contact us.
Our ReTrans Community Rules & Etiquette: In order to create a fair and respectful online environment where everybody who is part of the ReTrans Community feels safe to discuss, share, and engage in fruitful exchanges and interesting conversations, please follow the rules for “fair play” on our server:
- The primary language of this server is English. For interpreters in the respective channels, this is of course situation specific. However, general exchange takes place in English.
- Be friendly. Any form of harassment, such as (but not limited to) oppressive and offensive language, doxxing, trolling, discrimination, homophobia, transphobia, sexism, racism, ableism, ageism and hate speech will not be tolerated.
- No spam. That means no promotional posts. Recommendations on the topic of more suitable tools, suitable events, etc. are ok, as long as they are within reason and fit the topic.
- No server invitation links! If there is a server with a community matching a certain topic that you want to recommend, do it as text and not as a direct link. (And remember: no spam! See above).
- No inappropriate names or avatar pictures.
- No invisible names or any symbols that take up more than one line of text.
- No impersonating names, whether they be a Moderator, or a fellow member.
- Members must be at least 18 years old.